Top Ten Teams
1. Florida – And the beat goes on.
2. Texas – Could have scored 100.
3. Alabama – Could this be their year?
4. Boise State – Another game of name your score.
5. Cincinnati – Also going for the most under rated tag.
6. TCU – A big win on the road.
7. Iowa – Leading the Big Ten.
8. Houston – For real.
9. Michigan – Just got it done.
10. LSU – Looking for a place to fall down.
Ten Best Games
1. LSU 30, Mississippi State 26 – A goal line stand.
2. Notre Dame 24, Purdue 21- A drive and a game-winning TD
3. Houston 29, Texas Tech 28 -One of the last was one of the best.
4. Iowa 21, Penn State 10- It was like watching two different games.
5. Georgia 20, Arizona State 17 – Last second field goal.
6. South Carolina 16, Ole Miss 10-Wasn’t over until it was over.
7. TCU 14, Clemson 10 – Defensive stand after defensive stand.
8. Boston College 27, Wake Forest 24 – Riley Skinner engineers the comeback only to become the goat.
9. Michigan 36, Indiana 33- Gutsy comeback.
10. New Mexico State 20, New Mexico 17 – Did we expect anything less?
Ten Reasons They Play The Games
1. Oregon 42, Cal 3 - Epic beat down.
2. Virginia Tech 31, Miami 7- I knew Miami getting so much press was just a bad sign.
3. Iowa 21, Penn State 10- Obviously Iowa, like myself, doesn’t care what the rankings say.
4. South Florida 17, Florida State 7- Oh my.
5. South Carolina 16, Ole Miss 10- And another star crashes back to earth.
6. Idaho 34, Northern Illinois 31 – Look out, the Vandals are 3-1.
7. Arizona 37, Oregon State 32 – Mild upset in Corvallis
8. TCU 14, Clemson 10 – Clemson was favored in this one.
9. Georgia Tech 24, North Carolina 7 - Another ranked team gets blown out.
10. Texas 64, UTEP 7 -Actually, not sure why they played this game.
Ten Who Had A Good Day
1. Case Keenum-He’s just a winner.
3. Darius Marshall- 203 yards and three TD’s
4. Marshawn Gilyard – He might be a Heisman candidate.
5. Ryan Williams- So he’s VT’s backup?
6. Blaine Gabbert – Chase who?
7. A.J. Green- Maybe we can just get it to auto fill his name for this category every week.
8. Jonathan Dwyer – Way to come back after a not so good week.
9. Kerry Meier – This guy never gets any ink.
10. Darius Willis – The Hoosiers put up a game effort.
Ten Mental Notes After Yesterday
1. Never forget the poncho – It was nasty almost everywhere.
2. Never count a winner until the game is over- Air Force, did you take the points?
3. Never say never – Never does happen eventually.
4. Conference games are a different animal- We learn this lesson every year.
5. LSU is the worst cover team-Have been for quite some time.
6. Fresno still can’t tackle- This will come in handy later.
7. When they say Marshall they mean Marshall, not Marshall- I’ll be sure to remember that.
8. Tim Tebow is human- We wish him the best.
9. Never pick a Ron Zook team to cover anything- What was I thinking?
10. Michigan State is pathetic-Thankfully I had that written down ahead of time.
Ten Teams Who Are Improved From Last Year
1. Houston- They can tackle now.
3. Michigan- Already more wins.
4. Stanford-Half way to bowl eligibility.
5. Nebraska- Look very good.
6. Alabama- Scary thought.
7. Georgia – Stafford leaving was a blessing.
8. Auburn – Undefeated at 4-0.
9. UCLA – Bowl team?
10. Wisconsin – Not good but not horrible.
It Sucks To Be You
1. Ron Zook- You’re fired
2. Riley Skinner- You blew it.
3. Bobby Bowden-Could have been playing shuffleboard somewhere.
4. Dan Hawkins-If you would have only stayed at Boise.
5. Mark Dantonio- Your old team looks headed towards another BCS bowl and your team stinks.
6. Brady Hoke- You got nothing.
7. Sam Bradford-Taking a serious pay cut before ever getting his first paycheck.
8. Ralph Friedgen-It’s painful for us to watch as well.
9. Aaron Corp-AKA Wally Pipp.
10. Tommy West – Not a good year and not getting better.
Ten Things I Couldn’t Care Any Less About
1. Top 25 Ranking lists-The more of them I see, the more I think people need to find a new topic.
2. Game recap articles – We have some giant news sites and some newspapers who are better at this stuff.
3. Articles by people who never leave comments or answer comments- I guess we should be honored to read your drivel.
4. Articles people leave links to on my wall-If you haven’t commented on one of my articles recently seriously don’t waste your time.
5. People who advertise their articles in comment sections of other people’s articles- This is SPAM as far as I’m concerned.
6. People who send me PM’s about articles they have written-Maybe I should start doing this for articles on my site since I do about 80 a week so you can see how I feel.
7. People who use abusive language in comments- Get a life.
8. People who think I have an emotional attachment to teams in my picks-You got the wrong guy and the wrong idea.
9. Fantasy Football- How sick are you of this garbage?
10. Watching games with people who play fantasy football-”I’m happy my team scored but i’m playing against my team’s QB but i have the guy who caught the ball in my other league but i’m playing against a guy who has the other teams defense”…ugh!
Ten Reasons College Football Is Better Than Pro Football
1. Clock stops after a first down-The way God intended it to be.
2. The players always try-You never hear about a college player taking plays off.
3. Traditional rivalries-If you don’t get it check back with me in November.
4. Marching bands-Music, but much less dancing.
5. The Option-While we’re at it, who doesn’t love the toss sweep?
6. Comebacks-You never see comebacks in the NFL like you see in college football.
7. Conference play-One game against each other one time a year for all the marbles.
8. 120 teams vs. 32 teams-More teams equal more games. Simple math really.
9. Coaching stability-How many coaches last more than a few years with an NFL team?
10. Erin Andrews- End of argument.
Ten Games Of Interest For Next Week
1. Oklahoma at Miami-Loser is out of the title hunt.
2. USC at Cal- Loser goes home.
3. LSU at Georgia – That’s what I’m talking about.
4. Auburn at Tennessee- Just another Saturday in the SEC.
5. Michigan at Michigan State – Should be a real love in.
6. Wisconsin at Minnesota – This one may figure in at the end of the season.
7. Ohio State at Indiana-May not be as bad as it sounds.
8. Air Force at Navy-We’re talking Commander In Chief’s Trophy implications.
9. UCLA at Stanford - Who is for real?
10. Ole Miss at Vandy- Could be a dandy.
Be Sure to sign up for our FREE WEEKLY FOOTBALL PICKING CONTEST WITH CASH PRIZES
Latest posts by Jabberhead (see all)
- Report: NFL won’t reopen settlement talks with Tom Brady - April 27, 2016
- Former Browns coach Mike Pettine shares biggest regrets - April 27, 2016
- The NFL Concussion Settlement Deal Won Approval, Silencing Critics on the League - April 21, 2016