As you no doubt have heard, wide receiver Plaxico Burress is staying in New York. He’s moved from the first team to the second. From the proud franchise to the ginger-featured stepchild. For the Jets, this means that WR Braylon Edwards is now certainly gone. (If he wasn’t already). That means the Jets are replacing one troubled wideout who did his college football in Michigan (Edwards played for the Wolverines) with another troubled receiver who also played Big Ten football in the state. (Plax played for the Michigan State Spartans).
As usual when you move from UM to MSU, you tend to get more thuggish ruggish. Edwards was fined for a DUI. Burress went to jail for illegal weapons possession.
Plaxico is bigger and thicker now than he was before he went to prison. So maybe he’ll continue wearing sweat pants to night clubs. But his size and height has always been asset. He’s probably a step slower than he was before doing time in the joint. Of course, he’s still plenty fast, and the Jets are looking to add depth at Tight End in Baltimore’s Todd Heap- so the Jets should have plenty of pass-catching weapons this season.
Possibly Related Posts:
- 2011 NFL Signings and Trade Rumors: Plaxico Burress Signs With Jets, Peyton Manning, the Chicago Bears and More!
- What a Turn of Events for Indianapolis Colts
- Better Options Were Available at Quarterback for the Minnesota Vikings
- Chad Ochocinco Ready for The Patriot Way, Bill Belichick Upbeat About Transactions
- 2011 NFL Signings and Trade Rumors: Peyton Manning, Vincent Jackson, Cam Newton, Asomugha & More!
Latest posts by Paul Banks (see all)
- The Sports Bank.net: David de Gea very likely staying at Man United - December 17, 2014
- The Sports Bank.net: Jim Harbaugh to Michigan chances dwindle, Raiders the favorite - November 30, 2014
- The Sports Bank.net: Illini football fans split on coaching change or bowl appearance - November 25, 2014